Saturday, September 8, 2012

Gatsby Picnic Dress 2012

*Sigh* Why is it that I work best under a looming deadline? 
So, Gatsby Picnic. This Sunday. I'm there and I'm bringing my terribly attractive boyfriend to it for the first time. This was my dress least year:

Cute day dress, right?

Here is my concept drawing for this year's dress

Bias cotton dress with wrapped shawl styles ruffle on the bodice, pipped insert seams with kick pleats at the front and back in contrasting fabric and a self belt. 

I coveted this reproduction fabric at Stonemountain and Daughter Fabrics until it went on sale and then bought 5 yards.
BOCCI BALLS!!!!!!
Tres adorable! Red is one of my favorite colors, so that's my contrast fabric. I ironed my kickpleats...

basted the pipping to the skirt inserts...


faced my shawl ruffle with contrast so that it peaks out when I move...


and piped the ruffle so that you can see the lines of the dress better through all that pattern.


And that's what I have so far. Hang in there, more pictures and the completed dress will be coming sooooooooooooooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment