Wednesday, September 5, 2012

FashionArt Santa Cruz

So, LOTS to talk about. First and foremost: One of my gowns was accepted into the line up of fashion artists for FashionArt Santa Cruz! Here is their postcard:




See?! That's me, Mary Jane Nee, listed under the guy who plays the accordion in crazy costumes in Downtown Santa Cruz. OK, maybe the image is too small, but I'm listed. So, there!

What will I be showing? Something gooooood:
I created this dress for the opening of my favorite artist Yinka Shonibare, MBE at the Brooklyn Museum. I got to meet him and he loved the dress and asked if I was single. *sigh*

There will be a few minor changes to the dress, but luckily I have a model who is very close to my measurements, so very few alterations need to made.

FashionArt Santa Cruz encourages us to be theatrical with our models, so that's what I'm going to do. More to come on what I have in store. This is my inspiration piece, of course by Yinka Shonibare:


What else? Gatsby Picnic is this weekend!!!! Is my dress ready? NO! Will it be ready in time? I sure hope so! Photos of my design concept and the process to come. Stay tuned, kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment